"Usually all the time we cook there has to be like two people in the kitchen so it can be easy.... It's like a tradition thing. The daughters have to come help in the kitchen."
- black peppercorn
- red pepper
- onion powder
1) Chop the eggplant, tomato, garlic, onion, and potato. "For a small family it is easier. We can use only two garlic, and two tomatoes. For a large family is more difficult."
2) In a large pan, season the chopped veggies. Use a seasoning blend of nutmeg, pumpkin spice, ginger, cinnamon. "We usually eat a lot of spicy stuff. So, it's because some people are new to our house that we ask them first if you guys eat spicy or not." Add salt, red pepper flakes, and olive oil. Mix it together very well and bake in the oven.
3) Wash the rice in hot water. After rinsing it, let it sit in hot water. "It is easier to cook it."
4) In a frying pan on the stove, fry the egg noodles in oil, taking care to not to burn them. Once the noddles are golden, add the rice and enough water to cook the rice in.
5) Keep mixing the rice with the noodles. Add as much water as needed until the rice is done.